Happy Howl-o-Ween Everybody!
Children shouldn’t have all the fun trick-or-treating this Halloween. Try making these tasty treats and your pup might even do a trick for them. One of the best things about making your own treats is you know exactly what is in them.
These Candy Corn inspired icy treats are a healthy, pup-friendly take on the American Halloween favourite! They may have no candy… or corn but they sure do taste good!
What you need
- 1 banana
- 1 cup approx. plain yogurt (low fat)
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
How to make them
- Put ½ cup yogurt into a ziplock bag and cut off the corner.
- Using the ziplock bag as a piping bag, fill silicone ice cube tray ⅓ of the way up with plain yogurt.
- Use a skewer to level out the yogurt.
- Place in freezer for 1-2 hours until set.
- Mix together pumpkin puree with 1-2 tablespoons of yogurt (reserve 1 teaspoon of pumpkin puree).
- Fill ziplock bag with pumpkin mix.
- Pipe pumpkin mix on top of frozen yogurt to fill ⅔ of the cube tray.
- Return to the freezer 1-2 hours until set.
- Mash banana and add yogurt to make approximately ½ cup of mixture.
- Add a teaspoon of pumpkin puree (just enough to turn the mix yellow).
- Fill ziplock bag with banana mix.
- Pipe banana mix on top of pumpkin mix to fill the ice cube trays.
- Return to the freezer for 1-2 hours until set.
- Turn treats out of icecube tray.
- Gobble them up!
Store them in than air tight container in the freezer to enjoy later.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
Recipe adapted from www.12tomatoes.com