Make your own Christmas ornaments
Merry Christmas everybody!
Christmas is almost here and we have been getting creative decorating our Christmas tree.
These adorable ornaments are fun to make and even get the kids involved in decorating them.
What you need
- ½ cup hot water
- ½ cup salt
- 1 cup flour
- acrylic paint
- paint pen or sharpie
How to make them
- Preheat oven at 100 Celsius.
- Mix together hot water, salt and flour in a large bowl.
- Knead together until it forms a ball of dough. Add more flour if your dough is too sticky.
- Roll dough on a floured surface to approximately 1-1.5 cm thick.
- Using a cookie cutter or a cup, cut out shapes (make sure your shapes are big enough for a paw print to fit).
- Transfer shapes to a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Gently press your dog’s paw into the centre of the shape to make an imprint.
- Using a straw, poke a hole in the top of the ornament.
- Bake ornaments for 2-3 hours, until they are solid and dried out.
- Cool on a cooling rack until completely cool.
- Paint and decorate your ornaments to your own taste.
- Loop ribbon through the hole and tie into a pretty bow.
- Hang on your Christmas tree and enjoy.
Have fun decorating!
This article was originally published on December 23, 2016