Happy Howl-o-Ween Everybody!
Getting into the spirit of Howl-o-ween I decided to make some festive treats. These treats have no nasty tricks in them. One of the best things about making your own treats is you know exactly what is in them.
These Pumpkin and Apple Bones are as easy to make as they are delicious!
What you need
- 3 cups of flour (more to dust board)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 apple, with the core and seeds removed finely diced
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- ½ cup water
How to make them
- Preheat oven to 180c. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift together flour and baking powder.
- Add diced apple, pumpkin, egg and water and mix until combined.
- Add more water if too dry or more flour if too sticky. You need to be able to roll the dough.
- Dust your bench with flour and roll out the dough to about 1-1.5cm thick.
- Cut out bones with a bone shaped cookie cutter (it doesn’t have to be a bone, any shape will do).
- Transfer cut out to baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 30mins or until golden brown. Baking time will vary based on the size of your treats.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Devour treats!
Store them in than air tight container for up to a week. Or, put some in the freezer to enjoy them later.
Recipe adapted from www.fakeginger.com